- CSEA announces 2016 McDonough Scholarship recipients CSEA recently presented our annual Thomas H. McDonough Memorial Scholarship for Continuing Studies to six children of union members (one in each region). Named for McDonough, a previous CSEA executive vice president, the $1,000 scholarship is awarded to students who are already enrolled in a higher eduction program. Congratulations and good luck to all of the recipients, ... Read more...
- CSEA announces 2016 statewide scholarship recipients CSEA is proud to announce the recipients of the 2016 Irving Flaumenbaum Memorial Scholarships, Pearl Carroll and MetLife Insurance Company Scholarships. Each year, the union presents the $1,000 Irving Flaumenbaum Memorial Scholarship to 18 graduating high school seniors who are the dependents of CSEA members, three in each region. The Pearl Carroll and MetLife Insurance Company Scholarships ... Read more...
- 2015 McDonough Scholarship recipients announced CSEA recently awarded six $1,000 Thomas H. McDonough Memorial Scholarship for Continuing Studies (one per region) to children of union members. McDonough had served in numerous CSEA offices, including as the union’s executive vice president. The scholarship in his name is awarded annually to former Irving Flaumenbaum scholarship recipients who are pursuing higher education. The 2015 ... Read more...
- Southern Region scholarship recipients announced Southern Region President Billy Riccaldo and Southern Region officers recently presented several graduating high school students with college scholarships. Lynn Doyle, daughter of Dutchess County Unit member Carol Doyle, received the Diane Hewitt Scholarship; Andrew Chilton, son of Lakeland School District Unit member Maureen Chilton, received the Southern Region Scholarship; Andrew Clase, son of Ossining School District Unit ... Read more...
- Scholarships Irving Flaumenbaum Memorial Scholarship Pearl Carroll Scholarship Award Met Life Scholarship Award AFSCME Family Scholarship Program Union Plus Scholarship Program Jerry Clark Memorial Scholarship Program Union Plus Scholarship Program AFSCME Scholarships and Financial Aid Web Sites CSEA Scholarships CSEA awards 18 $1,000 scholarships under the Irving Flaumenbaum Memorial Scholarship. Plus, Pearl Carroll and MetLife each sponsor a one-time $2,500 award. Filing for a Flaumenbaum scholarship ... Read more...
Partnership for Education and Training
Partnership Advisement Services
Civil Service Test Preparation Services
Union Plus Education Services
Powells.com: Textbooks – a unionized online bookstore
- Irving Flaumenbaum Memorial Scholarship
- Pearl Carroll Scholarship Award
- Met Life Scholarship Award
- AFSCME Family Scholarship Program
- The Union Plus Credit Card Scholarship Program
- Jerry Clark Memorial Scholarship Program
- Union Plus Scholarship Program
- AFSCME Scholarships and Financial Aid Web Sites
Through labor-management cooperation, the NYS & CSEA Partnership for Education and Training provides programs and services for New York State employees and agencies that promote:
· Increased career mobility, workplace safety and health, and job satisfaction
· A highly skilled, motivated, productive workforce committed to excellence in public service
· Effective labor-management relationships between State and CSEA representatives
1 Lear Jet Lane, Suite 5
Latham, NY 12110
(518) 782-4429 (Fax)
(866) 478-5548 (toll-free)
CSEA’s WORK Institute is a 501(c)(3) education trust that administers grants to provide CSEA members access to career development and training services.
|Trevor Robertson||Program Assistant|
|Deb Baum||Program Coordinator|
|Tim Whitcomb||Program Coordinator|
- Civil Service Test Preparation – Which is right for you?
- CSEA Online Learning Center (available to all) [free demo available!]
- CSEA Test Preparation Workshops
- CSEA Test Preparation Booklets
- Local Government and Private Sector Tuition Benefit Program
- Job Skills Training and Education
CSEA awards twenty-four (24) $1000 scholarships under the Irving Flaumenbaum Memorial Scholarship. Plus, Pearl Carroll and MetLife each sponsor a one-time $2,500 award. Applications are available in mid-February from Local and Unit Presidents. Filing for a Flaumenbaum scholarship automatically puts an applicant in consideration for the Pearl Carroll and MetLife scholarships.
AFSCME Scholarships and Education Benefits
AFSCME Family Scholarship program: provides ten (10) scholarships of $2,000 each that are renewed for a maximum of four years. CSEA/AFSCME members’ children (or whose legal guardian is an active CSEA/aFSCME member), and who are high school seniors are eligible. For an application, write to AFSCME Family Scholarship, Attention: Education Department, 1625 L. Street, NW Washington, DC 20036 or call (202) 429-1250. The scholarship application period opens August 1 and must be postmarked no later than December 31st. Winners are announced March 31st.
The Union Plus Credit Card Scholarship Program: awards scholarships ranging from $500 to $4,000 to CSEA/aFSCME members, spouses and children. Members must have been a member in good standing for at least one year and need not be a MasterCard cardholder to apply. For an application, write to: Union Plus Credit Card Scholarship, 1625 L. Street, NW, Washington, DC 20036. Program opens in September and closes in January, but deadline dates vary. Winners are announced march 31st.
Joey Parisi Memorial Scholarship: is awarded to local union officers with substantial organizing responsibilities. The scholarship covers the cost of one years participation in the Bachelor’s Degree program at the National Labor College of the George Meany Center for Labor Studies.
The scholarship award includes the cost of the application, administrative portfolio and counseling fees, tuition cost for two courses for each of two terms, two round-trip economy airfare tickets from the student’s home to Washington, DC. In addition, single occupancy room and board for the required weeks-in-residence, and the cost of require text. Lost time not included.
For additional information or to request an application write to: The National Labor College, 10000 New Hampshire Ave., Silver Spring, Maryland 20903 or telephone the National Labor College office at (800) GMS-4CDP. You may also reach the National Labor College by email at 1112,email@example.com or by fax at (301) 434-0871. Please specify that you are interested in the AFSCME/Parisi scholarship.
Jerry Clark Memorial Scholarship Program: A scholarship of $10,000 per year for junior and senior years of college will be awarded to an actively employed CSEA/aFSCME member’s child who is a college sophomore majoring in political science with a grade point average of 3.0 or above. The winner will also be given the opportunity to intern at the International Union Headquarters in the Political Action Department during the summer for one semester between his/her junior and senior year. For an application write to: AFSCME Family Scholarship Program, ATTN.: Education Department, 1625 L. Street, NW Washington, DC 20036 or e-mail: education @afscme.org. The application is also available on the Internet at AFSCME’s website: http://www.afscme.org/about/scholarj.htm or call (202) 429 1250. Application is available August 1. Deadline is April 30, and winners are announced Aug. 1.
Educational Resources Discounts
Guaranteed lowest advertised prices for union members on Encyclopedia Americana, the New Book of Knowledge, Grolier Study Skills and other education books and software.
Call 1-888-733-READ (7323) and ask for the special union discount. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.