CSEA’s Southern Region covers seven counties across the greater Hudson Valley area, representing workers in state government, local government, school districts, libraries, public authorities, and the private sector. The region has approximately 37,000 members across the following counties: Orange, Ulster, Sullivan, Putnam, Dutchess, Westchester, and Rockland.
Congratulations to our Southern Region Scholarship winners!
- Karega Wood Jr., son of Donna Wood of the Dutchess County Unit and Karega Wood Sr. of the Highland Residential Center Local
- Lauren Radicchi, daughter of Giada Radicchi of the Putnam County Unit
- Kayana Phillip, daughter of the late Keith Phillip of the Rockland Psychiatric Center Local
- Chase Deising, son of Alexa Deising of the Ulster County Unit
Endorsements for November 2021 elections
CSEA’s Southern Region Political Action Committee has been busy making endorsements for fall elections in the seven counties of the Southern Region.
Visit the Political Action Department page and click on “Region 3” to see which Hudson Valley candidates CSEA is supporting this November.
Region 3 recipients of Irving Flaumenbaum Scholarships
Congratulations to the three winners from the Southern Region of the CSEA Irving Flaumenbaum Memorial Scholarships:
- Elise McCarthy, whose parent Denise McCarthy is a Pelham School District Unit member
- Swaneet Jha, whose parent Shweta Jha, is a Town of Greenburgh Unit member
- Juliet Murray, whose parent Linda Murray is a Mid-Hudson Judiciary Local member
Aug. 20 golf tournament was a success
Our 2021 Southern Region Golf Classic was a success! Thank you to all of the CSEA members and friends who came out to the McCann Memorial Golf Course in Poughkeepsie on Aug. 20 to support this fundraiser, which benefits our Southern Region scholarships and our disaster relief fund. See photos from the event on our public Facebook album.
We were honored to have Sen. Pete Harckham, Sen. Mike Martucci, Assemblyman Jonathan Jacobson, and Assemblyman Ken Zebrowski join us. They all thanked CSEA members for their dedicated work on the front lines throughout the pandemic.
Southern Region President Anthony Adamo said he would like to thank the dedicated volunteers who make this fundraiser a success year after year. There are many people who volunteered from the early morning hours well until the evening on Aug. 20, in addition to the great amount of planning that happened ahead of the event. Special thanks to our receptionist, Geri, who was our primary staff member working on the tournament.